Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Organization

Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.
- Immanuel Kant, German Philosopher


I admire organized people.

As a child, my room was a disorganized mess (a Barbie here, yesterday’s outfit over there). I remember being in awe of my friends seemed to naturally categorized things in their sleep. Their rooms were spotless, every toy had a place, and (most importantly) they had a floor. My childhood bedroom was a floor-less black hole.

In the past few years, I have really come to understand the importance of organization. I seem to have more time, be in a better mood, and gain energy from my new environment. Yesterday, I went to Office Depot to buy some supplies. I am creating teaching notebooks for every class I teach. I can already tell a difference in the classroom. If, in the end, it only makes me feel more prepared, I consider it as a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment