Friday, January 22, 2010

Inspiration

As a continuing discussion of Producing Films with Passion by Dorothy Fadiman and Tony Levelle, I pose the following question: Where do you find inspiration? This could be inspiration to merely wake up in the morning, produce films, or even take your next breath. What compels you to keep living and where do you find these things?

The source of my found inspiration changes. It seems to ebb and flow with time. Sometimes I find myself enthused for weeks by the simple beauty of the world around me. The trees, flowers, and even the rain appear in a unique light during this time. Other times, I am encouraged by the words of others. They seem to unknowingly say the thing I need to hear. Still there are times where I find the motivation lies within me. The last is a source of inspiration that I am consciously focusing on cultivating. I am learning that the motivation I can stir internally last longer than other sources. I have found meditation to be a great resource. It allows me to take the time to listen to myself, focus on my desires, and ultimately restore my inner confidence. Working in media is a tough life. I encourage you to find your own sources of inspiration. Try something new and be open to the possibilities around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment